Website University of Cincinnati College of Nursing
Now hiring for Spring Semester 2023
Open Rank Faculty,
Certified Nurse Midwifery/
Women’s Health Practitioner Programs,
College of Nursing
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be considered for a position with more than one opening. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department. Rank and compensation will be based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
About the Department
The College of Nursing has been providing students and alumni with experiences that extend beyond the classroom for over 130 years. Among the oldest nursing schools in the country, the UC College of Nursing has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. Our mission is to develop nurse leaders who are empowered to generate, explore, and apply nursing knowledge for evolving health care environments. If you have a passion for nursing and developing the future nurses that will lead in healthcare come join our exceptional faculty and contribute to our mission. The College of Nursing is committed to an inclusive and welcoming environment and seeks to attract faculty, staff and students of diverse backgrounds. UC Nurses. We See Leaders.
The College of Nursing at the University of Cincinnati is seeking to fill non-tenure, non-tenure earning faculty positions to contribute to the College of Nursing’s mission of teaching, service, and scholarship. We are currently seeking candidates who are prepared to lead and/or teach in the Certified Nurse-Midwifery and/or Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner programs at the rank of Instructor or Assistant Professor. The selected candidate will have a commitment to diversity and inclusion in working with diverse populations. Non-Tenure Clinical Track positions in the College of Nursing address the university’s mission of teaching, service, and scholarship. Non-Tenure Clinical Track Faculty Members also may be assigned administrative responsibilities. Evidence should demonstrate a sustained and progressive movement toward excellence in teaching and deliberative efforts to improve student learning outcomes. Collegiality and good citizenship are expected of all faculty. This position will support the University of Cincinnati and the College of Nursing’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all our academic activities.
• Conduct and teach assigned undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses and seminars.
• Attend meetings, participate in governance, prepare materials for teaching.
• Evaluate and develop curriculum for department and/or college.
• Serve as an academic adviser for students and evaluate student coursework.
• Serve on college or university committees and participate in curriculum development activities.
• Serve on graduate committees, supervise laboratories (where appropriate), independent study activities, and off-campus learning.
• Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of his or her responsibilities.
• Render service to the professional or lay community which is relevant to the individual’s academic specialty.
• Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
• Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or terminal degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Would consider the qualifying candidate as a 1.0 FTE who is actively enrolled in a doctoral program.
• Recognized standing in a field appropriate to the requirements of the position.
• Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) and/or Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner – Board Certified (WHNP-BC).
• Active and unrestricted state of Ohio RN license.
• Minimum of Five (5) years clinical practice and/or teaching experience in a post-secondary nursing educational program.
• Innovative and open to the use of technology in the classroom.
Additional Qualifications Considered
Information for Applicants
• Hired as 12-month faculty.
• May teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses.
• Primary teaching semesters are Fall/Spring/Summer.
• Attach cover letter indicating experience as it relates to the position, CV and three (3) professional references.
• Online delivery available with travel to campus for onsite simulation training.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
• Interested and qualified applicants must apply online and include a cover letter of interest and a current CV/Resume.
• All certifications and other documentation can be uploaded using the Additional Documents section in the application.
• Applications without a cover letter and CV/Resume will not be considered for the position.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
• Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate’s experience.
• Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
• Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
• Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
• Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
• Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a
complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
Requisition ID 88769
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uc.edu.